NS&I launches new online service for financial advice firms
NS&I has launched a new online service for financial advice firms. Firms now have secure online access to information on their clients’ NS&I holdings for the first time, via a purpose built portal, designed and delivered to meet growing adviser expectations of NS&I.
The online service, available via secure log-in on www.nsandi-adviser.com, gives advice firms online access to a range of information about clients’ NS&I investments to enable a closer and more effective relationship between advice firms and NS&I.
This new service has been designed and developed in response to feedback from advice firms over the last few years, asking that it be made easier for them to do business with NS&I. The launch of the online service follows the introduction of an enhanced phone service in February last year.
Advice firms will be able to do the following via the new online service:
- View a list of their clients with NS&I holdings
- Select a client and view their NS&I portfolio
- View the transaction history of an account
- Get a valuation of fixed term accounts and see their maturity dates
- View copies of digital communications sent to their clients from NS&I
All staff in an advice firm can be granted access by a ‘super-user’ in the firm, including all financial advisers, planners, paraplanners and other staff. A Terms of Business Agreement from each advice firm and Letters of Authority for each client are required to receive access to this service.
Further information on the new online service – including how to register - is available on the Adviser Centre (www.nsandi-adviser.com/obtaining-client-information).
Importantly, this is only the first version of the new service, with further enhancements planned:
- Ability to view a client’s Premium Bonds prize history
- Joint account information
- Copies of communications that NS&I has sent to the client by post
- Access to Trust account information